One of the most common habits of highly successful people is reading.
They say reading brings knowledge, and knowledge is power. So it makes sense.
And recently I’ve been spending more time reading for personal growth. I’ve always loved reading growing up, mostly fiction, but like everything else I love I find it hard to make time for it in my list of responsibilities these days.
Well I’m turning over a new leaf.
I refuse to call it a New Year’s Resolution. Especially because it’s still December. What I will say is that I’m making a lifestyle change and incorporating a To Be Read List in it.
So I’ve made a list of books that provide personal growth in areas like…
- Achieving goals
- Self Care
- Problem solving
Of course there are other areas that books can provide growth but these are the ones that I want to focus on.
Books to Read for Personal Growth
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey
- The 4 Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- Chakra Healing: A Beginner’s Guide to Self-Healing Techniques that Balance the Chakras by Margarita Alcantara
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Pillow Thoughts by Courtney Peppernell
- Yesterday I Was the Moon by Noor Unnahar
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- Thinkertoys: A Handbook of Creative-Thinking Techniques by Michael Michalko
- Blog, Inc.: Blogging for Passion, Profit, and to Create Community by Joy Deangdeelert Cho
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Love with A Chance of Drowning by Torre Deroche
- How to Travel the World on $50 A Day by Matt Kepness
Do you have any other recommendations? Let me know in the comments.
Oh and look out for book reviews in the future and how I’ve been able to apply these to my life.
Pin it for later: