It’s my birthday! And in honor of completing another revolution around the sun I thought it only appropriate to talk about what I’ve learned in my time being here. I’ve lived a long life (not really) but it has been an interesting one full of experiences. And I’m looking forward to it getting even better.
Fun fact: I used to think by the time I turned 25 I’d be married with a kid living in an amazing house. Ha! Good one Jazmin.
25 Things I’ve learned by 25
- There is more to life than watching other people live it.
- Travel! Just do it! There are billions of people in the world with so many different cultures and experiences. It’s important to get to know to world you live in.
- People care way too much about things that won’t matter in a year or two.
- If you want something, go get it. Period.
- You control your future. Change what you can and find a way to accept what you can’t. You don’t have to be stuck in a situation or feel like you’re stuck in a situation.
- Sometimes you have to do things that you don’t want to do to get to where you want to be in life.
- Age really isn’t important when it comes to dating, unless you’re under 18 (i’m not looking for a law suit).
- Love is not enough to keep a relationship together.
- Love comes in many shapes and forms. It can happen when you least expect it or it can be super predictable. Enjoy it for what it is and don’t take it for granted.
- Marriage and children doesn’t have to be a goal in life, and it doesn’t make you any less of a woman if it isn’t.
- Boys will be boys.
- It’s easy to get caught up in a relationship. But don’t get so caught up that you forget about your friends and obligations.
- There are friends that stick by you for life and there are friends that are only here for a season and that’s okay.
- Social media is cool but making real deep connections is better.
- Money doesn’t buy happiness but it sure can make life a hell of a lot easier.
- If you can pay for something out right then do it. Credit is too important and too easy to ruin.
- Always have money saved. At LEAST an extra $500.
- Make financial and business decisions that are going to put you ahead in life. Don’t be afraid to invest.
- Health and wellness is so important. I have to take care of my body if I want to stay in good health.
- Always surround yourself with people that you look up to and that inspire you to be better and do better.
- Not everyone is going to see or understand your vision for yourself. And they don’t have to! Be secure in who you are and the path that you’re choosing to take.
- My opinion of myself matters more than anyone else’s.
- Keep your goals to yourself until you accomplish them. You don’t need anyone’s negative vibes or energy affecting your decisions.
- Don’t change who you are for someone else. You are more than enough.
- Life is too short. Don’t waste it and always do what’s best for you.
Pin for later: